Thursday, July 8, 2010

Rack-O

Dear Phil,
When you were home for R&R in April we played a little game called Rack-O. Do you remember? We sat at opposite ends of the couch with our legs crossed over each other and our feet in the others lap. We had a blanket across our laps and a little white fluffy sweet dog sat with us while we engdulged ourselves in several games of Rack-O. It's a simple game with a little strategy mixed in. You should know that I had the best time playing with you. You should also know that I enjoy the simple things in life with you. Here are some other simple things that I loved doing with you:

1. Sharing frozen yogurt and a sandwhich at Arch's in Charlottesville
2. Playing putt-putt [despite my terrible, terrible allergies] but you did stop in the middle of the game to stuff more clean tissues in your pocket from the car just for me
3. Taking Macie and Kent for walks
4. Going out to eat breakfast at The Nook
5. When you drove us all around town and to North Carolina and then on to Virginia Beach
6. Fixing cinnamin rolls in the afternoon
7. Dancing with you at your *surprise* birthday party
8. When you brought me Starbucks to work and made copies for me! I loved that!
9. Running errands
10. Completing our wedding registries
11. Doc Taylor's for breakfast
12. Spending time with our families
13. Singing out loud in the car
14. Laughing
15. Giving you hugs anytime I wanted
16. A not-so-simple thing that you carefully planned from Iraq: my engagement scavenger hunt. I enjoyed every minute of it and love you for making it so much fun and so memorable.


I am so happy you are coming home so that we can continue to enjoy the simple things in life together, like a game of Rack-O, are you up for it? I hope so! I love you so much and I'm praying for lots and lots of patience for both of us. See you soon!

Always,
Heather






No comments:

Post a Comment