Friday, July 9, 2010

I'm just like her...

I'm just like her...
We laugh at the same things,
sing at the top of our lungs to our favorite songs [usually Carrie Underwood or Sugarland],
we love shopping and can easily dedicate hours in our favorite stores,
we love a good bargain,
we love with all of our heart,
we love our men in uniform and love our country,
we have patience,
we can be feisty
and independent,
we like to figure it out on our own,
we enjoy cooking a good meal,
we like to Skype and show each other things we've bought or made
we hang on to our receipts way too long,
we're faithful
and outgoing,
we teach each other
and learn from one another
and listen to each other
and have been through life's toughest moments together...
we are mother and daughter

Today is a very special woman's birthday: my beautiful, loving, funny, silly, passionate, dedicated, strong, amazing mother.

Happy Birthday, Mom!
At the end of my scavenger hunt, on my way to the last destination [Fort Story] I took a moment to call my mom [of course!] to tell her that I loved her and that I was so happy and that I was wearing the dress she bought me for my birthday and the jewelry she picked out and gave me at Christmas. There were tears. I love her so much and am so blessed.

PS- She adores Philip. The answer to her prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment