Saturday, July 10, 2010

twice in one day

I was driving the other day, switching between radio stations until I heard something I wanted to hear and this song came on[the lyrics are below]. I love it, but honestly forgot just how much I loved it. It gives me goosebumps every time I hear it. I heard the same song "When You Say Nothing At All" later in the evening of the same day. It made me smile because Phil has a way of making me feel needed and wanted and safe and confident that I have found a good man who loves me so much (the feeling is mutual if you didn't know).



"It's amazing how you can speak right to my heart
Without saying a word you can light up the dark
Try as I may I could never explain what I hear when you don't say a thing


The smile on your face lets me know that you need me
There's a truth in your eyes sayin' you'll never leave me
A touch of your hand says you'll catch me if ever I fall
You say it best, when you say nothin' at all


All day long I can hear people talking out loud
But when you hold me near you drown out the crowd
Oh Mr. Webster could never define what's being said between your heart and mine" -Alison Krauss "When You Say Nothing At All"




No comments:

Post a Comment