Sunday, March 7, 2010

well, hello March!

Is today really March 7th? If it is, then I can gladly tell you that it is 27 days until I will be at the airport in Charlottesville, anxiously waiting for Philip to walk off of the plane. At that moment, I can't exactly tell you what my reaction will be... but I imagine it might be me running and jumping in his arms. It has been a long time coming... over 240 days, infact. That is a really long time if you think about it. I've never in my life been on such an extensive and large and important countdown. Usually, you count down the days until Christmas, or your birthday, or your favorite concert, but usually...you keep track of the days when they are less than 10 days away or 25 days away for Christmas :) Speaking of birthdays and another countdown, I will be celebrating my 25th birthday in... 6 days!

I didn't let myself begin counting the days until R&R until March 1st. I didn't want to be overwhelmed or sad about how many days I had to wait until I got to see him. When Marsh 1st gothere, I then started my counting. Here is what I came up with:

When I finally see Philip on April 3rd (possibly 2nd) it will have been approximately 240 days since we last saw each other (face to face). Here's my equation (a little over 8 months x 30 days = 240 days) But really, it is more than that. I rounded down. I should round up though, and give us as much credit as possible. We deserve it, right?
I have managed to keep myself very busy this past month. February was kind of crazy. I wish I would have blogged more about it. Let me see if I can remember some of the highlights.

1. My mom came to visit and we went on an adventure trying to find my wedding dress. We traveled to Alexandria and outside of Richmond to visit other bridal shops...
2. I found it!.... and like everyone told me, I knew the moment I tried it on. I fell in LOVE with it on Valentine's Day- perfect.
3. February was covered in snow for our country; especially the east coast this year.
4. Phil sent me a dozen beautiful roses, and chocolate covered strawberries. Sadly, I didn't get to enjoy eating them because they were delayed due to the terrible snow storms. and not so fresh after being on a delivery truck for 4-5 days. But they were amazing and made my mouth water just looking at them. Thankfully, the company refunded him. We will have some together when he comes home. Don't worry, I will pick them up myself so they don't spend too much time in a truck.



5. I went to Charlottesville last weekend and had a wonderful time with Phil's family. I learned how to make the famous sweet dinner rolls that Philip loves- hopefully I can keep the tradition alive. His dad also pulled out some classic home movies. Phil was too cute and still very sweet and had his great sense of humor at the age of 14.

6. Work has kept me extremely busy-planning, SCA and our behavior problem students. Our SCA lock-in was the highlight of my professional life in February. Such awesome kids...it was very refreshing!
7. The Black Eyed Peas Concert was so much fun with Jessica and Colleen. It was a much needed girls night out.


8. One interesting fact that I learned from Jessica, a few other friends, a couple of my students and Jessica's mother... apparently, I am much like Tenley, from the Bachelor. Or maybe Tenley is a lot like me? :)

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you had so many posts - I'm SO behind on your life! I LOVE this picture of you and the chocolates! And I also love your flower/bow headband!

    ReplyDelete