Tuesday, March 9, 2010

sunflowers waiting for me


What a beautiful March day. My students were awesome, my planning periods were productive, and I was home before dark! Philip had told me this morning that he thought my birthday present would arrive today (huge hint) and if you know anything about me, I get real excited about things and very anxious. On the way home, it took everything I had not to speed because I just wanted to get to my mailbox. There it was, tucked away inside my tiny little mailbox, the "redelivery" slip from the good ol' post office. Well, I guess another day to wait won't hurt. I can be patient. Besides, it's not even my REAL birthday yet (...5 days). So tomorrow, my plan is to leave school right away, get to the post office and pick up this package from Phil! I can't imagine what it could be... but knowing him, it will be something that is very special and something that I will absolutely love. He seems to know me really well and always surprises me with the most thoughtful gifts. He is so good to me and that is one of the many, many things I love that about him. I hope that when he goes to bed every night in Iraq, that one of his last thoughts before he falls asleep is "Heather really loves me." Because I do, and I seem to think about him all the time and I hope he knows it.
As I was walking through my front door, I happen to look up and see three beautiful, happy, sunny-sunflowers sitting on my kitchen bar. I was waiting for someone to jump out and say "welcome home!" I smiled because I thought to myself... "Lauren! she made my day again!" Sure enough, as I moved toward the flowers, I noticed a sweet note... (you can read it for yourself)

You must be thinking, what a great friend! You should be thinking that, because how many of your friends stop by your house, put sunflowers in a vase (she even knows where my flower vases are!) and leaves a note just because? I'm lucky and loved! I can't wait to share with you what my birthday present from Philip is... I will update you tomorrow! Maybe even a picture too!

PS- How do you like my countertops? That was one of the first decisions I made when I remodeled my condo when I purchased it last Spring. I love them. My dad says they look like fish eyes... I say they look like bubbles.

1 comment:

  1. A couple things:

    1) Lauren is wonderful!

    2) Almost everyday, either Ryan or I (or both of us) will day "Do you know?" as in "Do you know how much I love you?" ... or "I hope you know." as in "I hope you know how much you are loved."

    3) I love your counters! They're very happy.

    4) Call me, call me! I can't wait to find out what he got you!

    ReplyDelete