Wednesday, March 10, 2010

happy birthday. with love. all the way from iraq.

Happy Birthday! With love from Philip.

Being patient paid off, and today, without any obstacles, I was able to make it to the post office to pick up my birthday present from Phil. After picking it up, and purchasing two books of stamps...I drove home, wondering what could be in the priority mail envelope... I got home and went for my laptop- because that's what you have to do when the love of your life is in Iraq and you want to open your birthday present with him- I woke him up from a deep sleep at 4:45 [US time] and 12:45 [Iraq time]. He is never grumpy when I do this. I'm thankful for that... because sometimes I'm selfish and just want to talk to him when I get home from work... he understands and always turns on his skype video with a big smile and a sleepy hello. I promise I don't abuse my skpying privleges..and he says he doesn't mind surprise skype calls.

When I got the okay to open it... I was ready. I tried to make slow movements so that the screen wouldn't freeze and he could watch me open it up. It was wrapped in black paper with a silver bow...the presentation of the box was beautiful. I took a deep breath as I opened the box and...I'll let the necklace speak for itself.




It fits my personality perfectly..and says this is a Heather-necklace. I love my birthstone and the design of the necklace is simple, unique and ...well, I just love it. Doesn't it remind of you of an engagement ring-upside down? So once again, Philip took my breath away-made me smile and giggle and get teary-eyed all at the same time. I am loved and I know it, without a doubt.

Here's the difficult part... if he gave me this in person, I would have jumped up and put my arms around his neck and kissed his face all over and looked into his blue eyes and said thank you. But, he isn't here... he's there [Iraq]. I miss him, especially when he surprises me with something like this for my birthday. No worries though, I am saving up hugs and kisses for him when he comes home for R&R. I like to think he knows in his heart how happy he makes me and how much I appreciate him [and my necklace]...but more importantly, I appreciate his tremendous efforts in shopping from Iraq for just the right necklace to say Happy Birthday and the way he shows me he's thinking of me and is with me in thoughts when he can't be here. [Thanks to Chris and Ashley Lyons for helping make this happen....]


Phil, Thank you for making my 25th birthday special... it's going to be a very exciting year. I cannot wait to go on the hot air balloon ride with you (the balloon ride is another birthday celebration he has planned for us...when he comes home in April). Soon....24 days, soon! It's going to be so nice just to be with you....

No comments:

Post a Comment