Tuesday, February 2, 2010

two is enough

I am a little embarrassed by how lazy I have been during the past two snow days. I have completely lost track of the date. This is unlike me. Being a teacher means always knowing the correct date. I often wonder how many times I look at my planner and write down dates. I write the date on the board every morning and it keeps me on top of things, especially for moments when someone asks, "What's today's date?" I quickly pipe up with the correct date and smile. I'm not as nice when my own students ask me. They know that it's on the board, in the same left corner, right under the American flag. So back to being lazy. I have given my skin and hair a break. No make up. No hair product or flat iron. I have also paid more attention to my tv. I have neglected it since the summer time. I've managed to Keep Up with the Kardashians... and visit with Benson and Olivia from Law and Order: SVU. I used to complain that I needed one day off work just to dedicate to housework, cleaning, organizing etc. Well, I got two days off and managed to... do one load of laundry- which is still in the dryer- and cook one homecooked meal. Porkchops. Wild Rice. and Baked Apples. Fresh Red Delicious Mott's apples--- with brown sugar and cinnamon. It was fantastic! Except for the whole eating alone.... well I did have Oprah to keep me company. I ate dinner really early tonight. I like early dinners though. I have had time to catch up with some of my favorite people on the phone too. Family, Friends and soon-to-be family :) ...I hope tomorrow will not be snow day #3. I need my routine back. And I'm ready to write the date on the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment