Tuesday, February 9, 2010

a different angle

Caption: This is my original picture. Framed. On my dresser.

I love unexpected things and I love photographs. Today,posted on facebook (ofcourse, because that's the easiest way to get in touch with people these days) Trey asked for my email address because he wanted to share a picture with me. I was excited to have a new picture of me and Phil. We have a limited amount of pictures because if you know anything about our relationship, you know that we have spent more time apart than we have physically together thus resulting in...well, not too many pictures.
I was excited to open my inbox this evening when I got home to have this picture waiting for me. It's amazing the little things I have come to appreciate. Have you ever been excited to get a new picture after six months from when it was taken? I have its' brother framed on my dresser in my bedroom. The picture that Trey shared with me was taken at the exact moment the one I have was taken....it is just a new and different angle.


Caption: This is the new picture. I love it. It will be framed soon.
This got me thinking about life and how something can happen and how you look at it completely depends on the angle in which you are sitting... or thinking... or where your heart is. For instance, one of my dearest and sweetest friends is going through such a hard time right now. She is consumed by feelings of saddness and feeling lost. I know one day she will look at her situation from a different angle and see how God was working in her life. This is how life is. Sometimes we don't see everything because we are looking in a certain direction. Sometimes this new angle doesn't sufface for six months... or maybe even longer... three years in my case. Sometimes it may take someone to point out something or to look back and reflect on the situation or that moment in time. I think that is okay because you really appreciate it more and feel thankful, just as I felt when I opened this picture sent from Trey.

No comments:

Post a Comment