Thursday, January 28, 2010

six months

6 months ago today...
I woke up and put on a new Ann Taylor Loft sundress.
Left my hotel in Virginia Beach (another story for another blog) and drove to Fort Story.
It was a beautiful-not too humid- perfect summer day.

6 months ago today...
I sat under a big white tent reserved for friends and family of the key leadership of the 159 Company and 7th Sustainment Brigade.
I sat there not knowing anyone around me and barely knowing the man I was there to support and to say goodbye to. I just knew that I couldn't have imagined being anywhere else.

6 months ago today...
I met Phil's amazing family. I was surprisingly very comfortable and at ease with them. I could have talked to them for hours.

6 months ago today...
We said goodbye.
Not knowing what the future held, or what we were getting ourselves into, we looked into each other's eyes and smiled. This moment was the beginning of the rest of mylife.
I knew I would be there when he got home.

6 months ago today...
I fell in love with Philip and knew I was exactly where I was supposed to be.


6 months from today...
Phil will come home from Iraq!


We're half way there.. (livin' on a prayer)~ Bon Jovi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment