Saturday, November 14, 2009

The answer to her prayers.











Ever since I can remember my mom has always reassured me that God had someone very special waiting for me. She always promised that I would *just know in my heart* when I met the one. Every time I got my heart broken or discouraged..she just said, "I know it's hard to believe, but you're going to meet him when you least expect it."

Turns out, my mom was right. The day I met Philip... I wasn't looking, I didn't expect it and after knowing him only a few days, I knew he was the man I was going to marry.

I'm sure when I'm a mother, I will understand how my mom is feeling now that I have met the man of my dreams....and the man my mom has prayed for...for me. My relationship with Phil has only brought me closer to my mom... because she knows how truly happy I am and she is so excited for both of us.

My mom absolutely adores Philip and is always thanking him for being who he is and treating me so well.

On the way home tonight, I popped in the new Carrie Underwood CD...we were listening and previewing each of the songs and then we heard "Mama's Song" (#3 on her CD) My mom looked at me and I looked at her. We both had goosebumps.

"Mama's Song"

Mama, you've taught me to do the right things
So now you have to let your baby fly
You've given me everything that I will need
To make it through this crazy thing called life


And I know you watched me grow up and only wanted what's best for me
And I think I found the answer to your prayers
And he is good, so good
He treats your little girl like a real man should
He is good, so good

He makes promises he keeps
No, he's never going to leave
So don't you worry about me
Don't you worry about me

Mama, there's no way you'll ever lose me
And giving me away is not goodbye
As you watch me walk down to my future
I hope tears of joy are in your eyes
Cause he is good, so good

And he treats your little girl like a real man should
He is good, so good
He makes promises he keeps
No, he's never going to leave
So don't you worry about me
Don't you worry about me

And when I watch my baby grow up
I'll only want what's best for her
and I hope she'll find the answers to my prayers
And that she'll say:

"He is good, so good
And he treats your little girl like a real man should
He is good, so good
He makes promises he keeps
No, he's never going to leave
Mama, don't you worry about me"

Such a perfect song.
I am so blessed to have my mother and Philip in my life...



No comments:

Post a Comment