Thursday, November 5, 2009

Amazing




So we thought we had the perfect wedding location and a date set, but after going back the second time...something just didn't feel right. Feeling stressed and overwhelmed, Phil and I started talking about what was important for our wedding and we came back to our original plan and idea for our wedding- Shifting Sands Beach Club-

When I woke up this morning, I was anxious to find out if the beach club was available for us to host our wedding reception. I couldn't stop thinking about it... As I was driving to work, Phil called with his "Good Morning, Sunshine!" and our casual early morning(VB time) and mid-afternoon (Iraq time) conversation.... he out of the blue said, "I think today is going to be a really good day!" I was hoping he was right...and assumed he was referring to Shifting Sands being available. *I'll come back to that comment later...*

During my lunch break, I heard from my mom and found out the dates that the beach club was available. I continued to eat lunch, and waited for Phil to call me after his workout to tell him the great news.


When he called, we were both very excited and relieved that we had found our place where the beginning of our new life would begin. Everything felt like it was falling into place. After work, I met my mom and we drove to the base and signed the contract.

It's official! *September 25, 2010*

After an evening of dinner and a little shopping, I returned home to a beautiful bouquet of fresh flowers and a card from Philip with the first line of his card saying.. "Hi Sunshine!" It makes me smile to know that Phil knew the flowers would be delivered today and it did turn out to be a great day.... as he predicted.

Things seem to be falling into place for us and our relationship so perfectly. God has continuously blessed us and seems to be reminding us often of His plan. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment