Tuesday, July 6, 2010

i saw my love today

When was the last time you saw the one you love? Maybe it was yesterday, or this morning before they left for work, or maybe a moment ago and they just left the room to get a piece of cheesecake or perhaps they are sitting next to you right now and you're legs are stretched out across their lap. Maybe you can you look up and smile at your love and kiss their cheek because you love that they let you stretch your legs across their lap. That's what I would do if my love was sitting right here with me at this very moment. I'd stop typing my blog and kiss his cheek because he's just so amazing and so easy to be with and his smile melts my heart.

I saw my love today. For the first time in two and a half weeks. We had a Skype date. It felt like old times [back when he first arrived in Iraq]. He went to a building that had wireless internet to Skype me. It was great to see his face and to look at him while we talked. I fell in love all over again. Isn't that something? To fall in love with someone over Skype? I miss him terribly and feel a little refreshed that I got to see him. However, I still miss him like crazy. The toughness and independence is wearing off. I have cried more in the last week from missing him than I did when he first left. I think my one year amount of "I can do this" is wearing thin. We're so close and I think that's what makes it so difficult. It's like someone dangling your favorite thing in the whole world in front of you and all you want is to reach out and grab it and pull it near you and hold it forever.... oh, but you have to wait for 12 more days! [that's my attempt at painting a picture in your head of how much I want him and need him home with me].
Don't be sad for me though, because I quickly wipe away those anxious, lonely tears and smile because IT IS ALMOST OVER. Celebrations are going on in my head and my heart many times throughout the day. This year of being apart and falling in love is almost over. Only the falling in love will continue when his feet are firmly planted on good ol' US soil. I will find something more to love about him every day I am sure. I'm looking forward to this new journey... the journey of being newlyweds [as of Septemer 25, 2010] and of me embracing my new life as an Army wife.
Thank you to Courtney for keeping me smiling today at the pool, and for stuffing your face at Outback with me and then for watching a really talented group of people line dance at Diesel. I am sad to say that we did not attempt line dancing tonight. I think we were too full from our bloomin' onion and ketchup and bread and salad and chicken and green beans. We will return to Diesel next week with Lauren, Jessica and Jessie to learn together because we are not talented line dancers and that makes it more fun when you have a group of friends who are learning with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment