Saturday, July 3, 2010

wedding dress alterations and Superman

When you were little did you ever dream about your wedding dress? I never did, but today I realized that I had found my dream dress. I was standing on a platform pedestal in a little alterations shop and I got goosebumps and a big smile came across my face. I love my wedding dress. It's perfectly me. It's elegant, beachy, comfortable (this is important to me because it will allow me to dance), and it makes me feel like a beach bride marrying my prince charming Army Captain.

Our wedding day is quickly approaching. I am looking forward to this day so much.... but for now, I'm focusing on the fact that Phil and I are only 15 days away from being together again! He left almost one year ago- July 28th- and we've been apart for what is going on "too long."

His replacements are there [in Iraq] and he has been very busy with turning things over to them. He works so hard and puts in more hours than you could imagine, yet every time he calls, he sounds relaxed, refreshed and happy. He says it is because he is talking to me, however, I think it's because he's secretly Superman. He does love the show Smallville...hmmm- maybe there is a connection? He got up this morning at 3:15 to complete his PT test. He was first in the sit-up category, third in the 2 mile run and push ups. Yes, now I am convinced he's Superman.




He is sleeping in his office, on a couch. He moved out of his trailer about a week ago. He will soon hand over his office to his replacement commander and will be sleeping on a cot. I guess this probably makes him happy because it means he is closer to coming home. I'm so proud of him and just pray that they return home soon, safe and do not get delayed. ETA: July 18th.

My homecoming dress is hanging in my closest. I will continue to keep myself busy and enjoy a few beach days until he returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment