Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"I can't wait to..." moments

So here's the plan: [You must have a plan when your boyfriend is coming home, as in back to the States..and no longer in Iraq, home.]


He arrives in 10 days, maybe 9 depending on when his flight departs Kuwait and brings him to Charlottesville. Anyone would be anxious, that's a given. But I am especially anxious. I become anxious over the most simple things, and this situation is not simple, so you can probably imagine the level of anxiety I am feeling right about now. It's been eight months in the making. Waiting. Counting. And many, many "I can't wait to..." moments shared out loud right in the middle of a conversation.

May I share a few "I can't wait to..." moments?

  • I can't wait to go to dinner and talk with you long after we have finished our meal.

  • I can't wait to see your face in front of my face and not on my computer screen (although, I love seeing his face every night on my computer screen. Trust me, I'm not complaining)

  • I can't wait to hold your hand.

  • I can't wait to ride in your truck (which is also now my favorite truck)

  • I can't wait to laugh with you, in person.

  • I can't wait to curl up on the couch and watch a movie with you.

  • I can't wait to sit beside you.

  • I can't wait to hold hands and pray with you.

  • I can't wait to lay my head on your chest and hear your heart beat and know that you're safe.

  • I can't wait to see you across the room and smile.

  • I can't wait to go on our hot air balloon ride and a picnic.

  • I can't wait to go shopping and get ice cream.

  • I can't wait to go to church and worship our awesome God together.

  • I can't wait to walk on the beach with you.

  • I can't wait to cook you dinner in my kitchen, while you sit at the bar and talk to me.

  • I can't wait to grill out and sit on the patio and talk about whatever, for however long we want.

  • I can't wait for you to meet Macie girl.

  • I can't wait for you to meet my family!

  • I can't wait to dance with you.

  • I can't wait to show you off to all my friends.

  • I can't wait to listen to our favorite songs in the car.

  • I can't wait to go to the movies with you.

  • I can't wait to give you all the hugs and kisses I have saved up for you.

  • I can't wait to.... well do anything and everything...because we'll finally be together...



...you'll finally be here...and not there [for two weeks...but then you have to go back. We won't talk about that right now though.]



Back to my plan. My plan is simple. My plan is... to stay as busy as I possibly can over the next few days. I want to stay so busy that the hours just fly by. So busy that when I get in bed at night and think to myself 'Wow, today is over. I could use another hour to get something done..." ....and then I fall asleep faster than humanly possible. I will listen to music, clean, plan outfits, pack, spend time with my friends [because they make me very happy] and keep my mind from counting down the hours until I am with him. It's hard to be patient when you are this close. Single digits, close. I can't even imagine how he feels right now. It's going to be great to wrap my arms around him and tell him how proud I am of what he's doing. He's been serving his country, every day, for eight months. Could you imagine going to work every day- seven days in a row- over twelve hour days- in the desert- with no vacation or time off? I feel like I barely survive my five day work week with my Thanksgiving-Christmas holidays off. I should not complain.



You should know that my plan has been working out well for me. I haven't even had time to post a recent blog. I apologize for those of you who read it. :)



A side note: It makes me smile when I have friends and cowokers counting down with me. I feel so loved and supported. It's all about the people you surround yourself with while the person you love is away. Your support system is how you survive, along with lots of faith and ofcourse, the dedication of the person who is away. Phil makes the deployment easier for me. I couldn't do this with just anyone. He is so dedicated to making me feel not-so-lonely. I love him for that. He's a great Army Captain, but he's an even better boyfriend-best friend-and person that I couldn't imagine my life without.

No comments:

Post a Comment